The original, ruggedly constructed and built to withstand years of continuous production.
CSM SERIES SPRING FORMERS
Herdon’s original line of CNC Spring Forming machinery, the CSM series features cam driven tooling slides for economy and high speed production of extension springs, torsion springs, and wire forms. Rotary quill is standard. An upgraded four axis CNC controller adds functionality to Herdon’s programming system and allows the use of additional attachments such as single and double axis servo spinners. The optional EA Second Hook Finishing Station is also available for high speed, high volume production of extension springs. The CSM series now also features a dual feedback encoder system to provide tightest wire feeding tolerances possible.
- Standard CNC controls: 4 axis for simultaneous motion
- CNC is customized for spring making.
- Adapt high-precision famous brand servo motors
- The machine is ruggedly built with hardened parts and tooling
- Central lubrication system is standard for all slides.
- TEACH function provides an easy, fast way to generate computer program
- TEST mode allows control of program execution by hand
- Auto detection of abnormal/error conditions
- Up to 100 programs can be stored in memory, no need to upload from disk
- Wire Ranges: .008" - .040"
- Depth: 54.7"
- Width: 30.7"
- Height: 66.5"
- Weight: 1,433 lbs
- Wire Ranges: .016" - .080"
- Depth: 60.2"
- Width: 35.4"
- Height: 70.1"
- Weight: 1,874 lbs
- Wire Ranges: .039" - .118"
- Depth: 68.9"
- Width: 39.4"
- Height: 70.9"
- Weight: 3,307 lbs
Force Back Cams
Cam Adjusting Blocks
Air port & touch sensors
Optional Equipment & Tooling
Second-Hook Finish Station (EA)
Slide Jam Protection
Full set of Tooling